Mucosal Melanoma Patient Resources
A mucosal melanoma diagnosis can be overwhelming and scary. We believe that well-supported and well-informed patients live longer, better lives. We encourage you to:
NEW! View the Mucosal Melanoma Webinar Series!
- Clinical Presentation and Biology of Mucosal Melanoma – presented by Richard Carvajal, MD
- Local-Regional Treatment for Mucosal Melanoma – presented by Marlana Orloff, MD
- Medical Therapy for Mucosal Melanoma – presented by Alexander Shoushtari, MD
- Biomarker Studies for Mucosal Melanoma – presented by Michael Atkins, MD
Find a Melanoma Specialist
Use the Treatment Center Finder to explore mucosal melanoma treatment centers. Please note, this is not a doctor recommendation list, simply a list of specialists to get you started.
Ask the MRF Nurse
Do you have a specific, more medically based question? If so, you can submit your question to the MRF nurse by emailing email@example.com. You can expect a personalized answer from our experienced nurse within 72 hours.
Clinical Trial Finder
The MRF’s Clinical Trial Finder will help you understand which emerging melanoma treatments may be an option for you. Clinical trials offer patients the opportunity to receive care that may not yet be the standard.
Educational, Support and Other Melanoma Organizations
While the MRF is the largest independent research organization devoted to melanoma, there are many organizations and foundations involved in the fight against melanoma.
- American Cancer Society
- Bill Walter III Melanoma Research Fund
- Cancer Hope Network – offers free and confidential support to cancer patients
- Cancer Support Community
- CancerCare – offers a variety of services, including an interactive tool that allows you to search a variety of supportive services
- Enright Melanoma Foundation – non-profit focused on raising sun safety awareness and preventing melanoma; they also host a Sun Safety Certification Program for kids, teens and adults.
- Faces of Skin Cancer – gives people affected by advanced skin cancer a place to share their stores
- Help for Cancer Caregivers – provides numerous resources for caregivers
- Imerman Angels – Receive peer-to-peer support from an ‘Angel’
- MD Anderson Network – cancer support group
- Melanoma Heroes
- Melanoma Just Got Personal
- Miles Against Melanoma
- Mike Geltrude Foundation
- Mollie Biggane Melanoma Fund
- National Cancer Institute
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- Susan Fazio Foundation for Melanoma Research
- Warriors Against Melanoma
- Your Cancer Game Plan – Melanoma
If you know of a melanoma-specific resource that is missing from this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.