Work with Us!
Director of Communications, PR and Event Marketing
The Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) seeks a mission-focused, experienced communications professional to lead its communications, digital marketing and public relations efforts. The Director of Communications will position the MRF in the digital and media space to increase exposure for the Foundation while deploying strategies to educate and inform the public about melanoma. The position provides a unique opportunity to think creatively and activate tactics that reach more individuals impacted by melanoma for awareness and the need for a cure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the MRF’s strategic priorities by working with fellow Executive Team stakeholders to proactively identify the key issues related to melanoma and develop communications to fully utilize the brand’s voice.
- Develop the organization’s value proposition and tone to implement and leverage current and new communication channels, including emerging digital media platforms.
- Create pre-prepared core messages in the brand’s voice that can be quickly and consistently applied.
- Actively monitor the external environment for critical or emerging issues where the MRF will want to be visible and proactively define the organization’s position, craft core communication messages, socialize the MRF response with key stakeholders and present a recommendation for CEO approval.
- Create an internal communications strategy that will advance MRF’s mission and vision, complete with robust implementation considerations such as: decision-making criteria, roles and responsibilities, channel strategy, key supporting elements, participants in the process, and potential partner organizations.
- Co-create a fully integrated annual communications plan between the organization’s key functional teams (Development, Programmatic, Education, Advocacy, Research & Science), and external stakeholders as applicable.
- Publish and maintain the annual communications calendar, with clear roles and responsibilities, including archiving any unexpected events for future consideration.
- Develop annual campaigns to help create awareness around melanoma as well as fundraising, utilizing
media outlets and leveraging external relationships to make a deeper impact. Issue press releases where appropriate.
- Improve social media impact through up front strategic set-up, monitoring and measurement, and recommendations to evolve delivery to improve outcomes or impressions.
- Manage multiple vendor relationships to support the MRF’s digital and graphic design needs.
- Manage a communications team, creating a feedback loop on both short- and long-term communication strategies and career development.
Additional details and position requirements can be found in the official position description. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to MRF CEO Kyleigh LiPira at [email protected].
Event Logistics Coordinator
The Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) is seeking an experienced Event Logistics Coordinator to organize and optimize the Foundation’s programmatic and fundraising events to include but not limited to the National Miles for Melanoma 5K run/walk program, National Gala program, patient meetings, educational and scientific conferences. The Events Logistics Coordinator is a well-organized, strategic and highly detailed oriented professional who communicates effectively and works seamlessly with vendors, staff, constituents and donors.
The Event Logistics Coordinator coordinates and facilitates the planning, execution and evaluation of events, including but not limited to securing all vendors and coordinating logistics, volunteers, auctions, raffles, and registration/check-in/check-out. The primary goal of the Event Logistics Coordinator is to ensure that the “event experience” is seamless for attendees, volunteers and vendors. The Event Logistics Coordinator collaborates with other MRF staff members on the facilitation of collateral materials (signage, programs, etc.) for all aspects of the events. The Events Logistics Coordinator contributes to the MRF’s organizational effectiveness by managing all invoicing processes, reconciling budgets, ensuring sponsor benefits are implemented at all events, and building a consistent “constituent experience” while optimizing vendor relationships to reduce costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source and secure virtual and in-person vendors for each Gala and Miles for Melanoma 5K series, Educational events, Advocacy Summit and Scientific meetings.
- Review contracts for accuracy and route them for internal approval. Track contract deliverables and dates.
- Ensure proper coding and billing of all event invoices and contracts and submit through the AP system for approval and payment.
- Research and secure all required permits in each respective event city.
- Serve as primary coordinator for all phases of the event: pre-event, day-of, and post-event.
- Collaborate with MRF departmental teams to adhere to budgets and successfully reconcile all financials after each event.
- In coordination and direction with the Chief Development Officer, provide ongoing communication and oversight to the Development Assistant for development event
related tasks including but not limited to: mailings, inventory, supply ordering, shipping/receiving etc.
- Manage the shipping/receiving for all events/activities and storage unit.
- Advise on a master calendar of events to assist with organizational planning to optimize participation.
- Collaborate with the Communications Department related to event deliverables to ensure sponsorship benefits are properly listed.
- Manage event software for virtual events.
- Conduct post-event evaluations on event performance and “event experience” for all event attendees and makes necessary changes as directed by Chief Development Officer.
The MRF is looking for bright, enthusiastic interns who have a desire to learn more about melanoma and/or the nonprofit world. Opportunities are available year-round, and may include positions in Education, Events or Development/Fundraising. For more information, please email [email protected].