Work with Us!
Event Logistics Coordinator
The Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) is seeking an experienced Event Logistics Coordinator to organize and optimize the Foundation’s programmatic and fundraising events to include but not limited to the National Miles for Melanoma 5K run/walk program, National Gala program, patient meetings, educational and scientific conferences. The Events Logistics Coordinator is a well-organized, strategic and highly detailed oriented professional who communicates effectively and works seamlessly with vendors, staff, constituents and donors.
The Event Logistics Coordinator coordinates and facilitates the planning, execution and evaluation of events, including but not limited to securing all vendors and coordinating logistics, volunteers, auctions, raffles, and registration/check-in/check-out. The primary goal of the Event Logistics Coordinator is to ensure that the “event experience” is seamless for attendees, volunteers and vendors. The Event Logistics Coordinator collaborates with other MRF staff members on the facilitation of collateral materials (signage, programs, etc.) for all aspects of the events. The Events Logistics Coordinator contributes to the MRF’s organizational effectiveness by managing all invoicing processes, reconciling budgets, ensuring sponsor benefits are implemented at all events, and building a consistent “constituent experience” while optimizing vendor relationships to reduce costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source and secure virtual and in-person vendors for each Gala and Miles for Melanoma 5K series, Educational events, Advocacy Summit and Scientific meetings.
- Review contracts for accuracy and route them for internal approval. Track contract deliverables and dates.
- Ensure proper coding and billing of all event invoices and contracts and submit through the AP system for approval and payment.
- Research and secure all required permits in each respective event city.
- Serve as primary coordinator for all phases of the event: pre-event, day-of, and post-event.
- Collaborate with MRF departmental teams to adhere to budgets and successfully reconcile all financials after each event.
- In coordination and direction with the Chief Development Officer, provide ongoing communication and oversight to the Development Assistant for development event
related tasks including but not limited to: mailings, inventory, supply ordering, shipping/receiving etc.
- Manage the shipping/receiving for all events/activities and storage unit.
- Advise on a master calendar of events to assist with organizational planning to optimize participation.
- Collaborate with the Communications Department related to event deliverables to ensure sponsorship benefits are properly listed.
- Manage event software for virtual events.
- Conduct post-event evaluations on event performance and “event experience” for all event attendees and makes necessary changes as directed by Chief Development Officer.
The MRF is looking for bright, enthusiastic interns who have a desire to learn more about melanoma and/or the nonprofit world. Opportunities are available year-round, and may include positions in Education, Events or Development/Fundraising. For more information, please email [email protected].