Work with Us!
The Marketing Coordinator is an organized, creative, customer service focused and highly detail-oriented professional who is able to communicate and work seamlessly with MRF constituents, donors, staff and partners. The Marketing Coordinator will support the Communications and Program teams (Research, Education and Advocacy) by developing and distributing marketing materials for different programs, campaigns and events, while providing outstanding customer service for MRF constituents.
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Communications Officer but work closely with multiple members of the MRF staff including but not limited to: Advocacy Officer, Director of Education, Science Officer, CURE OM Director and the Rare Melanoma Subtypes Officer. The Marketing Coordinator will work closely and share some responsibilities with the Development & Marketing Coordinator. This role contributes to the MRF’s organizational effectiveness by developing clear, compelling and timely communications to advance the national programmatic needs of the MRF.
● Work with the Communications Officer and program teams to create marketing strategies, print materials and multimedia assets. Projects will scale from one-off emails and social media posts to multi-year, global campaigns
● Provide customer service for MRF constituents in-person, online and over the phone
● Create and manage the communications schedule for program events and campaigns
● Develop program materials to promote (invitations, event registration pages, etc.) and facilitate (agendas, programs, signage, etc.) programmatic events
● Assist with the creation and maintenance of an ecommerce program (online store), to include sourcing and maintaining inventory (or managing a vendor to do so), recommending new items and ensuring customer satisfaction
● Assist with the creation of and updates to stewardship reports for donors
● Support program departments through the creation and execution of campaigns related to Melanoma Awareness Month, rare melanoma subtypes, local and national advocacy efforts, year-end giving and other opportunities
● Attend symposia and other programmatic events as needed to assist with marketing and PR
● 4 year degree required
● 1-2 years of experience in marketing or communications, or related experience
● Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task multiple projects at one time
● Flexible and responsive to sudden matters that may arise or become short-term, high priority tasks
● Able to set realistic expectations and manage competing priorities or requests from colleagues
● Team-player with a positive attitude who can effectively work with multiple constituents
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Experience with fundamental graphic design concepts and tools. Proficiency preferred
● Outstanding customer service
● Some travel may be required
● Position is based in Washington, D.C. office
The MRF is looking for bright, enthusiastic interns who have a desire to learn more about melanoma and/or the nonprofit world. Opportunities are available year-round, and may include positions in Education, Events or Development/Fundraising. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.