Work with Us!
This position will work under the supervision of the Database Manager, and the primary area of responsibility lies in accurate and timely gift entry and gift acknowledgment. The Database Coordinator is also responsible for creating and updating donor contact and demographic information as necessary. This position is full-time exempt position totaling (40) hours per week.
● Process and acknowledge gifts and event registrations made on-site, online, by phone, by EFT, and via the mail with a high level of accuracy.
● Update constituent records by utilizing processes including address changes, contact tracking, & merging duplicate records.
● Prepare and review acknowledgement letters and disseminate to senior staff and board leadership.
● File paperwork once donation processing steps are completed.
● Export mailing lists and run queries.
● Provide excellent customer service by phone and email.
● Assist with maintaining and enhancing integrity of database by processing standard assigned data maintenance task.
● Support Database Manager with various database projects.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and the ability to handle confidential information.
● Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills with the ability to work courteously and tactfully with colleagues and the public.
● Possess strong analytical skills.
● Ability to take initiative; work well as a team member and independently.
● Capability to organize and prioritize workload and remain productive with minimal supervision and direction.
● Flexibility to work additional hours during high-volume donation periods to ensure donations are processed in a timely manner.
● Mastery of Raiser’s Edge constituent and batch entry, and advanced skills including query, export, and mail merge. Experience with Events, Prospect, and Target Analytics strongly preferred.
● Team player.
● Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT and Luminate Online required.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
● Undergraduate or associate degree preferred.
● 2-4 years of experience in non-profit environment or in organizational support and data entry.
● Willingness to engage in ongoing professional development.
● Equivalent combination of education and work-related experience may be considered.
The Development Officer will engage in a variety of fundraising activities to support the overall revenue goals of the Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF). He or she will raise $1,700,000 through the MRF’s national gala program (Denver, Philadelphia, Chicago and New York). The Development Officer will be responsible for building and managing committees, cultivating and soliciting donors and helping to engage volunteers throughout the organization. He or she will also play an integral role in the MRF’s three-year Strategic Plan in which development/fundraising is a key focus area.
● Manage and steward donors, committee members and event volunteers for deeper engagement within the organization
● Cultivate, solicit and steward past and new sponsors (individual and corporate)
● Set event timelines
● Coordinate and plan the needs of each event with the Events Manager
● Identify and recruit key honorees, co-chairs and committee members
● Host monthly committee meetings (conference calls)
● Cultivate, solicit and steward host committee members, past sponsors and solicit new individuals and companies for sponsorship support
● Develop, maintain and track each gala budget
● Reconcile each event with Raiser’s Edge NXT
● Solicit in-kind donations
● Partner with the Director of Corporate Relations to solicit national sponsorships and local sponsorships
● Collaborate with the communications team to ensure the events reflect approved MRF branding and messaging
● Partner with the Individual Giving Officer to transition event donors to annual fund donors to major gift donors
● Four to six years of fundraising experience
● Experience cultivating low to mid-level donors
● Outstanding attention to detail, organizational skills and people skills
● Experience soliciting and closing gifts
● Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT
● High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task multiple projects simultaneously
● Team-player with a positive attitude who is able to effectively work with multiple constituents
● Excellent communication skills
● Outstanding customer service
● Able to travel extensively (20%), heavier during event season
● Position is based in Washington, DC office
The Development Associate will support the Melanoma Research Foundation’s (MRF) Development Department. He or she will manage and steward the MRF’s CommUNITY Fundraising program (DIY) for donors interested in hosting their own events to benefit the MRF. He or she will also act as the primary recruiter for volunteers interested in assisting with MRF fundraising events (specifically the Miles for Melanoma 5K Run/Walk program and Galas). In addition, he or she will launch and manage the MRF’s e-commerce program and work with the MRF’s cause-marketing partners. The Development Associate will report to the Individual Giving Officer.
Fundraising – 80%
● Manage and grow the CommUNITY Fundraising (DIY) program
● Develop lasting relationships with volunteer fundraisers
● Provide onboarding materials to new fundraisers and provide ongoing support to existing/reoccurring fundraisers
● Track donations from all CommUNITY Fundraising events and follow up with payments after each event, as needed
● Manage everydayhero fundraising platform for CommUNITY Fundraising, Team Melanoma, and CURE OM programs.
● Create new everydayhero campaigns as needed
● Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with cause marketing partners
● Secure financial support from new cause marketing partners
● Manage the Shop for Good page on the MRF website
● Assist with the establishment and maintenance of an ecommerce platform
Engagement – 20%
Volunteer Recruitment, Engagement and Stewardship
● Recruit volunteers for the MRF’s fundraising events
● Post volunteer opportunities on local volunteer boards
● Do outreach to special groups to engage them in the events (such as running groups, societies, medical centers etc.)
● Steward and engage event volunteers throughout the year
● Bachelor’s degree required
● 1-2 years of experience in a non-profit development department
● Outgoing and willing to speak to donors/prospects on the phone
● Experience using donor database systems such as Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred
● Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
● Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
● Team-oriented, able to communicate and work with cross-departmental teams
● Proficient in Microsoft Office
● Demonstrates flexibility to changing situations and ability to balance competing demands and priorities
● Demonstrates ability to professionally represent the MRF and exhibits familiarity with development best practices and techniques
● Demonstrates a willingness to learn and a desire to grow and expand one’s knowledge
● Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time to assist with fundraising events
● Position is based in Washington, DC office
The Marketing Coordinator is an organized, creative, customer service focused and highly detail-oriented professional who is able to communicate and work seamlessly with MRF constituents, donors, staff and partners. The Marketing Coordinator will support the Communications and Program teams (Research, Education and Advocacy) by developing and distributing marketing materials for different programs, campaigns and events, while providing outstanding customer service for MRF constituents.
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Communications Officer but work closely with multiple members of the MRF staff including but not limited to: Advocacy Officer, Director of Education, Science Officer, CURE OM Director and the Rare Melanoma Subtypes Officer. The Marketing Coordinator will work closely and share some responsibilities with the Development & Marketing Coordinator. This role contributes to the MRF’s organizational effectiveness by developing clear, compelling and timely communications to advance the national programmatic needs of the MRF.
● Work with the Communications Officer and program teams to create marketing strategies, print materials and multimedia assets. Projects will scale from one-off emails and social media posts to multi-year, global campaigns
● Provide customer service for MRF constituents in-person, online and over the phone
● Create and manage the communications schedule for program events and campaigns
● Develop program materials to promote (invitations, event registration pages, etc.) and facilitate (agendas, programs, signage, etc.) programmatic events
● Assist with the creation and maintenance of an ecommerce program (online store), to include sourcing and maintaining inventory (or managing a vendor to do so), recommending new items and ensuring customer satisfaction
● Assist with the creation of and updates to stewardship reports for donors
● Support program departments through the creation and execution of campaigns related to Melanoma Awareness Month, rare melanoma subtypes, local and national advocacy efforts, year-end giving and other opportunities
● Attend symposia and other programmatic events as needed to assist with marketing and PR
● 4 year degree required
● 1-2 years of experience in marketing or communications, or related experience
● Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task multiple projects at one time
● Flexible and responsive to sudden matters that may arise or become short-term, high priority tasks
● Able to set realistic expectations and manage competing priorities or requests from colleagues
● Team-player with a positive attitude who can effectively work with multiple constituents
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Experience with fundamental graphic design concepts and tools. Proficiency preferred
● Outstanding customer service
● Some travel may be required
● Position is based in Washington, D.C. office
The MRF is looking for bright, enthusiastic interns who have a desire to learn more about melanoma and/or the nonprofit world. Opportunities are available year-round, and may include positions in Education, Events or Development/Fundraising. For more information, please email email@example.com.