Work with Us!
Individual Giving Officer
The Individual Giving (IG) Officer is a strategic and accomplished fundraiser with experience in major donor and annual donor discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The IG will raise funds for the multiple priorities of the Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) which encompass the research grant program, education initiatives and advocacy efforts. The IG will also be responsible for building and growing the MRF’s pipeline of donors through the direct mail program. He or she will manage a portfolio of 100+ donors, plan stewardship events and create cultivation opportunities around the MRF’s existing events such as the Wings of Hope gala series and Miles for Melanoma 5K Run/Walks.
● Raise $1,000,000+ through identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual donors to include annual fund and major gifts.
● Develop and manage the direct mail program.
● Collaborate with the programmatic staff to identify priorities for individual funding.
● Create and manage a revenue and expense budget as approved by the CEO.
● Work with Development Committee on fundraising campaigns and priorities.
● Provide feedback for a larger development communications calendar specifically focused on fundraising with the MRF’s communications team.
● Develop and implement an annual stewardship plan for major and mid-major donors.
● Develop a strategy around #GivingTuesday, Melanoma Awareness Month and other fundraising appeals.
The MRF is looking for bright, enthusiastic interns who have a desire to learn more about melanoma and/or the nonprofit world. Opportunities are available year-round, and may include positions in Education, Events or Development/Fundraising. For more information, please email email@example.com.