Patient & Caregiver Meetings
Each year, the MRF hosts a series of in-person, educational events in partnership with with major academic medical centers. These meetings provide an opportunity to learn from leaders in melanoma and network with other patients and caregivers. Join us as leading melanoma experts provide updates on prevention, diagnosis, treatment, clinical trials and research.
Attend a Meeting Near You!
The Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) is excited to partner with Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center for a melanoma patient & caregiver symposium on June 6, 2020. Save the Date: June 6, 2020 REGISTER NOW! View the 2020 Georgetow …
The Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) is excited to partner with Northside Hospital Cancer Institute for the Atlanta Melanoma Patient Symposium on June 13, 2020. Save the Date: June 13, 2020 REGISTER NOW! View the 2020 Northside Agenda here!
The MRF is thrilled to announce the 7th Annual Pediatric Melanoma Summit from September 25-27, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ at the Great Wolf Lodge! Mark your calendars today and stay tuned for additional details, registration, room block info, travel assistanc …
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Eyes on a Cure: Patient & Caregiver Symposium MOVED to November 20-22, 2020 Hotel and travel information will be available soon and separate reservations are required. Stay tuned! Register today for the Eyes on a Cure: Pati …
2019 Meeting Slides & Recordings
September 7, 2019 – Northwest Melanoma Symposium – Seattle, WA: Click HERE!
June 21, 2019 – Mindfulness and Meditation – led by Aleezé Moss, PhD
May 17, 2019 – 17th Annual Focus on Melanoma – Philadelphia, PA: Click HERE!
April 5-7, 2019 – CURE OM Patient & Caregiver Symposium: Recordings or slides (below)!
- MRF Welcome – Kyleigh LiPira, MBA
- About CURE OM – Sara Selig, MD, MPH
- Uveal Melanoma: Past, Present and Future – Miguel Materin, MD
- Uveal Melanoma Metastatic to the Liver – David J. Eschelman, MD, FSIR
- Liver Directed Therapies – David J. Eschelman, MD, FSIR
- Clinical Trial Update: Target Therapies – Marlana Orloff, MD
- Clinical Trial Update: Immunotherapies – Richard Carvajal, MD
- Unique Populations Science Panel – Jessica Yang, MD
- Auburn Uveal Melanoma Population – John O. Mason, III, MD, Fred Kam, MD
- CURE OM Patient Registry Update – Richard Carvajal, MD, Marlana Orloff, MD, Jacqueline Kraska
- Unique Populations Panel Discussion – Michael W. Brennan, MD
- Kenan Colbert Koll and the Huntersville, NC OM Investigation – Kenny and Sue Colbert
- Ocumel Canada – Nigel Deacon, Natalie Richardson
- Ocumel Ireland – Joanne Finnegan, Melody Buckley, Brendan Lynch
2018 Meeting Slides & Recordings
May 19, 2018 – Northwest Melanoma Symposium – Seattle, WA: Click HERE!
May 11, 2018 – 16th Annual Focus on Melanoma – Philadelphia, PA: Click HERE!
May 5, 2018 – Columbus, OH Patient Symposium: Click HERE!
April 20-22, 2018 – CURE OM Patient & Caregiver Symposium: Recordings or slides (below):
- CURE OM Welcome – Sara Selig, MD, MPH
- Progress and Hope: A Historical Perspective on the OM Field – Kenneth Hovland, MD
- Ocular Melanoma Treatment – Peter Hovland, MD, PhD
- Beyond Eye Treatment – Scott Oliver, MD
- Adjuvant Therapy and Clinical Trials – Sapna Patel, MD
- Systemic Therapy for Metastatic Disease – Matthew Rioth, MD, MS
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Update – Scott Woodman, MD, PhD
- CURE OM Patient Registry Update – Chad Kimbler and Carla Tressell
- Ocular Melanoma Cluster Update – Michael Brennan, MD
- Understanding Scans 101 – David Eschelman, MD, FSIR
- Liver Directed Therapies – David Eschelman, MD, FSIR
- A Potential Molecular Target for the Treatment of Uveal Melanoma – Jae Hyuk Yoo, PhD