Patient & Caregiver Meetings
Each year, the MRF hosts a series of in-person, educational events in partnership with with major academic medical centers. These meetings provide an opportunity to learn from leaders in melanoma and network with other patients and caregivers. Join us as leading melanoma experts provide updates on prevention, diagnosis, treatment, clinical trials and research.
Attend a Meeting Near You!
The 18th Focus on Melanoma conference is designed to address the personal and medical issues of those whose lives have been affected by Melanoma. Gain knowledge and take action by getting important information from our expert speakers. Receive hope and …
Save the Date: September 24-26, 2021! Check back for more information coming soon! Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions.
2021 Meeting Slides & Recordings
2020 Meeting Slides & Recordings
2019 Meeting Slides & Recordings
September 7, 2019 – Northwest Melanoma Symposium – Seattle, WA: Click HERE!
June 21, 2019 – Mindfulness and Meditation – led by Aleezé Moss, PhD
May 17, 2019 – 17th Annual Focus on Melanoma – Philadelphia, PA: Click HERE!
April 5-7, 2019 – CURE OM Patient & Caregiver Symposium: Recordings or slides (below)!
- MRF Welcome – Kyleigh LiPira, MBA
- About CURE OM – Sara Selig, MD, MPH
- Uveal Melanoma: Past, Present and Future – Miguel Materin, MD
- Uveal Melanoma Metastatic to the Liver – David J. Eschelman, MD, FSIR
- Liver Directed Therapies – David J. Eschelman, MD, FSIR
- Clinical Trial Update: Target Therapies – Marlana Orloff, MD
- Clinical Trial Update: Immunotherapies – Richard Carvajal, MD
- Unique Populations Science Panel – Jessica Yang, MD
- Auburn Uveal Melanoma Population – John O. Mason, III, MD, Fred Kam, MD
- CURE OM Patient Registry Update – Richard Carvajal, MD, Marlana Orloff, MD, Jacqueline Kraska
- Unique Populations Panel Discussion – Michael W. Brennan, MD
- Kenan Colbert Koll and the Huntersville, NC OM Investigation – Kenny and Sue Colbert
- Ocumel Canada – Nigel Deacon, Natalie Richardson
- Ocumel Ireland – Joanne Finnegan, Melody Buckley, Brendan Lynch
2018 Meeting Slides & Recordings
May 19, 2018 – Northwest Melanoma Symposium – Seattle, WA: Click HERE!
May 11, 2018 – 16th Annual Focus on Melanoma – Philadelphia, PA: Click HERE!
May 5, 2018 – Columbus, OH Patient Symposium: Click HERE!
April 20-22, 2018 – CURE OM Patient & Caregiver Symposium: Recordings or slides (below):
- CURE OM Welcome – Sara Selig, MD, MPH
- Progress and Hope: A Historical Perspective on the OM Field – Kenneth Hovland, MD
- Ocular Melanoma Treatment – Peter Hovland, MD, PhD
- Beyond Eye Treatment – Scott Oliver, MD
- Adjuvant Therapy and Clinical Trials – Sapna Patel, MD
- Systemic Therapy for Metastatic Disease – Matthew Rioth, MD, MS
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Update – Scott Woodman, MD, PhD
- CURE OM Patient Registry Update – Chad Kimbler and Carla Tressell
- Ocular Melanoma Cluster Update – Michael Brennan, MD
- Understanding Scans 101 – David Eschelman, MD, FSIR
- Liver Directed Therapies – David Eschelman, MD, FSIR
- A Potential Molecular Target for the Treatment of Uveal Melanoma – Jae Hyuk Yoo, PhD