The MRF convenes various scientific meetings each year either in response to an unmet need, as designated by our Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) or to further the CURE OM, MRFBC, and/or MRF Scientific Initiatives.
- 10th Annual CURE OM Global Science Meeting: held in conjunction with the Society for Melanoma Research Congress! Each year the MRF hosts a global science meeting at SMR to facilitate interdisciplinary and innovative collaboration focused on finding effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for ocular melanoma. This year’s meeting will be held Thursday, October 28th from 9 am – 3 pm CT in New Orleans, LA.
- Melanoma Brain Metastases Summit 3.0: to build upon the momentum of the first two summits, a third summit will be held to focus on four key areas – preclinical studies/ models, characterization of risk for CNS disease including tumor microenvironment and metabolism, clinical care and trials, and leptomeningeal disease.
Past Meetings: Summaries & Reports
- The Latest on Uveal Melanoma Research and Clinical Trials: Updates from the Cure Ocular Melanoma (CURE OM) Science Meeting (2019) a publication in Clinical Cancer Research summarizing the latest developments in ocular melanoma (OM) research and science discussed at the 2019 CURE OM Science Meeting.
- Leptomeningeal Disease in Melanoma Patients: An Update to Treatment, Challenges, and Future Directions, a publication in Pigment Cell & Melanoma Research, is a summary of the leptomeningeal disease discussions during the 2018 MRF Second Summit on Melanoma Central Nervous System (CNS) Metastases.
- Melanoma central nervous system metastases: An update to approaches, challenges, and opportunities a publication in Pigment Cell & Melanoma Research (a summary of the 2018 MRF Second Summit on Melanoma Central Nervous System (CNS) Metastases).
- The State of Melanoma: Challenges and Opportunities a publication in Pigment Cell & Melanoma Research (a 2016 manuscript stemming from discussions amongst the MRF Scientific Advisory Council and the MRF Breakthrough Consortium).
- Melanoma central nervous system metastases: current approaches, challenges and opportunities a publication in Pigment Cell & Melanoma Research (a summary of the 2015 MRF First Summit on Melanoma Central Nervous System (CNS) Metastases). A lay summary of this publication is also available.
- Biology of Advanced Uveal Melanoma and Next Steps for Clinical Therapeutics a publication in Pigment Cell & Melanoma Research (a 2015 manuscript resulting from a joint effort between CURE Ocular Melanoma and the National Cancer Institute)
Please contact the MRF at [email protected] if interested in obtaining more information on either future or past MRF scientific meetings.