Melanoma Patient Resources
We believe that well-supported and well-informed patients live longer, better lives. We encourage you to:
Educational, Support and Other Melanoma Organizations
While the MRF is the largest independent research organization devoted to melanoma, there are many organizations and foundations involved in the fight against melanoma.
- American Cancer Society
- Bill Walter III Melanoma Research Fund
- Cancer Hope Network – offers free and confidential support to cancer patients
- Cancer Support Community
- CancerCare – offers a variety of services, including an interactive tool that allows you to search a variety of supportive services
- Enright Melanoma Foundation – non-profit focused on raising sun safety awareness and preventing melanoma; they also host a Sun Safety Certification Program for kids, teens and adults.
- Faces of Skin Cancer – gives people affected by advanced skin cancer a place to share their stores
- Help for Cancer Caregivers – provides numerous resources for caregivers
- Imerman Angels – Receive peer-to-peer support from an ‘Angel’
- MD Anderson Network – cancer support group
- Melanoma Heroes
- Melanoma Just Got Personal
- Miles Against Melanoma
- Mike Geltrude Foundation
- Mollie Biggane Melanoma Fund
- National Cancer Institute
- Skin Cancer Foundation
- Warriors Against Melanoma
- Your Cancer Game Plan – Melanoma
If you know of a melanoma-specific resource that is missing from this list, please email [email protected].