Increase Awareness in Your Community!
We are proud to offer free educational literature to patients, caregivers and the public.
Are you hosting a fundraiser for melanoma or speaking at a local school? Scroll down to see all of the items we offer, then place your order! Many of these items can be printed at home, as well!
Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Awareness & Prevention Materials
- Melanoma Fact Sheet*: A general education and awareness handout appropriate for most ages.
- Ocular Melanoma Fact Sheet*: A general education and awareness handout specific to OM.
- ABCDEs of Melanoma*: Learn the ABCDEs of melanoma – the characteristics that most dermatologists use to help identify melanomas.
- Bookmark: A general education and awareness handout appropriate for most ages.
- “Who is the Most Likely to Spot YOUR Melanoma?” (AKA the ‘mirror’ piece): A general education and awareness brochure appropriate for most ages.
- Sunscreen: What Do I Need to Know?: A 5×7″ postcard that answers six commonly asked questions about sunscreen and sunscreen safety.
- Truth about Tanning postcard: A 5×7″ postcard that answers some common myths of tanning, tanning beds and melanoma statistics. The back side is a small version of the Take a Stand, Don’t Tan poster.
- Guide to Self-Screening*: A guide on how to perform monthly self-skin exams.
- Children’s Guide to Self-Screening*: A children’s guide on how to perform monthly self-skin exams.
- Parent’s Guide to Prevention poster: An eye-catching poster giving parents helpful information and tips on how to reduce the risk of melanoma in children.
- Take a Stand, Don’t Tan! poster*: A large, 2×3′ poster with Take a Stand, Don’t Tan imaging. Can to be used with the pledge sheet below. The poster can also be printed at home as a handout.
- 5 Facts About Tanning & Sun Safety poster*: A large, 2×3′ poster on the facts of tanning and sun safety. The poster can also be printed at home as a handout.
- Take a Stand, Don’t Tan! pledge sheet*: The pledge sheet can accompany both of the posters above and can be distributed as part of a classroom or school effort to increase awareness around the dangers of tanning, tanning beds and melanoma. Great for events like spring break and prom.
Patient & Caregiver Materials
- Melanoma Patient Guide: An educational piece for newly diagnosed patients. Perfect for dermatology and oncology offices that diagnose melanoma.
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor*: A list of questions that may be helpful to discuss with your treatment team.
- Caregiver Support Guide: A 20-page booklet on how to take care of yourself while also taking care of your loved one. Helpful for anyone stepping into a caregiver role for someone with melanoma. A special thanks goes out to the many patient forum (MPIP) members and other caregivers who helped us develop this guide.
*These educational materials can be printed at home for your convenience. Please print and use them as needed!
Have a question about the MRF’s educational materials? Please email the Program Director at email@example.com.