Jon M Warrington

July 10, 1973 to May 18, 2002

Jon Michael Warrington was born on July 10, 1973 in Minden, Nebraska to James and Candice Warrington. The second of four sons, Jon grew up in Gibbon, Nebraska, graduating from Gibbon High School in May of 1992.

As a young boy, Jon enjoyed camping with his family, swimming, playing baseball, and wrestling with his brothers. In high school, Jon excelled in football, cross-country and wrestling, competing at the state level. He played the drums in the school band. He also acquired a love for horses where he trained and competed with his mare, "Missed Flight".

He grew up in the Baptist faith, and at the age of seven accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior and was baptized. He continued his walk with the Lord the remainder of his life.

As a very young boy, Jon was influenced by his grandfather, MSgt Charles Warrington. As a result of his grandfather's example and love of the Marine Corps, Jon enlisted in the Marines in May 1991 in the delayed enlistment program, at the age of 17.

On May 26, 1992 he left for MCRD in San Diego. After basic training, re reported for duty at Camp LeJeune in North Carolina. There he met and fell in love with Sheri Loper. They were married on May 14, 1994. In August 1995 he was stationed in Yuma, Arizona at LAV test directorate where he spent four years.

On September 16, 1995 triplet sons, Calder, Cullen, and Cody were born to Jon and Sheri in Phoenix, Arizona. After just a short time on earth, these three precious babies went to heaven. They have since been in the hearts and memories of the Warrington family. On December 31, 1996, Jon and Sheri gave birth to their fourth son, Colter Wyatt. He was the light of his father's life.

In 1999 Jon was transferred to SOI at San Onifrey, California where he was an instructor until his retirement.

In June of 1998, Jon was diagnosed with malignant melanoma. This started his four year battle with this dreadful disease. Through his continual struggle with surgeries, treatment, and hospitalizations, Jon continued serving his country as a Marine, attaining the rank of Staff Sergeant. Because of the limitations of his disease, Jon was medically retired in March of 2001.

Jon, Sheri and Colter moved back to Gibbon to be close to family and friends. Jon continued to valiantly fight his battle with cancer. He took pleasure in the times spent with family and friends.

Jon passed into heaven on Saturday, May 18, 2002 at his parent's home in Gibbon, surrounded by his family.

He leaves to mourn his passing: his wife and son, his parents, brothers, Kris and wife Pam of Gibbon, Brion of Omaha, Dan of Kearney, two nieces and one nephew, Grandparents, Charles Warrington of Gibbon and Virgil and Ruth Lusk of Minden, several aunts, uncles, and cousins, a host of friends, and Marine Corps comrades.