Hi everyone! Brand new here, and this might be a bit of a lengthy post.
I went to the derm Aug 27 for a strange looking mole to get checked out. The PA did a shave biopsy (it’s on my upper abdomen) and found another suspicious one on my upper back so took that one too.
I got a call back one week later saying that the one on my abdomen was fine but I had to come back in to get the one one my back removed. I didn’t ask questions because she seemed really unsure (kept putting me on hold to decipher the report) and I didn’t really understand the terminology she was using. She scheduled my excision for October 18th so I was assuming this wasn’t a big deal since I could wait so long to come in.
She calls me back an hour later asking me to come in earlier but I declined because it was on a day I had a work event. I made sure that it was okay that I waited and she replied YES!! You’re fine!
She called me back the next day saying I needed to come in the following day to get this done so I agreed now slightly freaking out.
I go in my for excision and the Doc explains the spot is severely dysplastic and the next step would cancer so they need to take it out and get it to the lab and I may need to come back so they can take more out.
when I checked out I had received a copy of my procedure and it read that I had an excision of a malignant lesion done. I don’t have a copy of my path report but if they can code malignant lesion for the procedure doesn’t there have to be mention of actual cancer in the pathology report? If it was only dysplastic wouldn’t it be benign?
Now I’m nervous that the doc didn’t really give me all the info- should I be scared? Will I get some different news once the excision results come in?
I just need some reassurance because I think I’m panicking for no reason!
Thanks to all who took time to read this’